The “Outhouse” - “Oficyna”
It used to be a distillery between 1852 – 1853. Its present external design is an effect of Izabella and Jan Działyńskis’ effort. They were Gołuchów’s owner, who in the second part of 19thcentury, made a decision to adopt this industrial building and change its function into residential. The project of rebuilding and then extending was prepared by Maurice Ouradou and Louis Breugnot. Wide variety of works in the distillery building were divided into two stages (1872-1874 and 1890-1895). We can watch even today the spectacular form of this building, which was attained at the end of 19th century and lasts unchangeable from that time. Up to II World War outbreak, the “Outhouse” was main apartment of Gołuchów’s owner. Happily,the II World War warfare didn’t destroy the building and apart from small outside breakage it has lasted almost intact. Only the interiors, which were used as a soldiers storage during the war and after the war as a flats for several families, nursery school and offices, needed a complex of renovation and restaurateur works. The State Forests was the institution which took over the supervision of the park and all the buildings (apart from the Castle) in 1974. They decided to restore the glamour to the “Outhouse” and the whole residential complex. After many years of renovation the “Outhouse” became an object of Forestry Museum. Since 1986 we can watch steady displays there: “Forests and art connections”and “The history of forests economy in Poland”. On the first floor there are hunters trophy, numerous paintings, sculptures and pieces of art craft presented, which exemplify the inspiring role of the forest in the creating process. In the museum’s collection there are among all pieces of works created by artists like; Julian Fałat, MichałWywiórski, Jan Wałach and Józef Wilkoń. There is also equally interesting historic display placed on the second floor which illustrates the process of shaping the relationship between the human and the forest over a span of centuries. Using models, drawings, archival documents, maps and photographs they want to present how human have learnt over the years to use the forest benefits. The exhibits are perfectly composed with the elements of former interior decorations: paneling, chandeliers and fireplaces. There are also numerous temporary displays regularly organized in the “Outhouse”.